free activities at Urnatur
Often the first question is: What is there to do?
And often we answer: do as little as possible!
Take the opportunity to enjoy the environment. Take time to be mindful and enjoy the present moment. Feel your presence by listening to the birds and the wind, going for a walk, cooking over an open fire. Here are examples of great free activities:
Feel at home
Stroll through the forest, enjoy the unique cultural environments with several km of traditional wooden fence, meadows and rich pastures where our furry sheep and horses graze…
Take a swim in the lake, borrow one of our canoes for a little tour.
Fire has a central role here at Urnatur. Make a fire when you get cold, light a lantern if you want to get light at night or you need to find the firewood (although July is hardly necessary, it will hardly get dark). Make a fire in the sauna – and use the fire in the outdoor kitchen to cook for lunch or dinner – or just to make a cozy fire to sit by in the evening sun (assuming there is no fire ban).
great value for money – No extra costs are added:
– towels and bed linen are provided in the cabin.
– firewood is available – a little in the cabin, more in the wood storage room and in the outdoor kitchen.
– our guests borrow canoes and SUP boards for free, life jackets are available.
Other tips to do in the closer surrounding area:
– There are many nice little nature reserves in the municipality. We are happy to provide you with brochures and maps.
– Tåkern is a world famous bird lake. Designed by arkitekt Gert Wingårdh, there is a newly built nature room (Naturum Tåkern) with a nice exhibition that is also fun for children.
– The lake Vättern with its deep cold crystal clear water as well as Omberg and Alvastra monastery ruins are within cycling distance.
– Omberg, Visingsö, Gränna and Vadstena are within a radius of 30km and are cozy excursion destinations.
– boat trips on Vättern starting from Hästholmen harbor to Hjo, Visingsö or evening trips along Omberg (not every year).
– The Östgötal trail passes Urnatur – pack your backpack and go on a tour through the Östgöta landscape with destination or starting or ending point Urnatur.
Email us for price / quotation at: firstname.lastname@example.org